When we leave home we almost forget to take the e-wallet, forget to take the useful file, forget to take the notebook of homework made by the class. There are many other things that we do all the time but almost forget. Think about it, have you ever been out of the house without clothes? In fact, it is never wrong for us. Clothes are so important to us.
The history of the use of cloth is quite old. From the beginning of creation, people have been using clothes to remove shame. Those clothes have changed a lot with the era. Clothing made of various fabrics with different designs. However, to keep pace with the times, “smart textiles” have arrived.
The question that comes to mind after hearing the word “smart textile” is what is it? Smart textile is a system that understands the changes in the environment, can change or prepare itself accordingly. Which is a topic of discussion at present. In short, the textile that can respond to changes in the environment is the smart textile. Its job is to enhance the beauty and work according to the environment. Smart textile is a combination of all branches of applied science. E.g.
- Textile Chemistry
- Fiber technology
- Material Science
- Artificial intelligence
- Information Technology (IT)
Surprised? Apply something in the middle of that little cloth! Smart textile is just such an advanced technology. Here are some examples of smart textiles & applications –
Temperature control and protection are very important in the military. Smart textiles are currently being used to make clothing suitable for military personnel. Temperature control and sweating is an urgent issue for players. Clothing made for them uses technology that makes them feel comfortable and helps reduce sweating.
Clothing is being created for space astronauts and with special facilities keeping the heat pressure right which is the contribution of smart textiles. Moreover, those garments protect them from the various rays of space and the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
Clothing that will clean itself, isn’t that funny?
The chemical in the middle of the cloth will clean the dirt by itself. This textile may be the popular sector of the future for health protection and additional benefits. Which will bring change in the beauty and cosmetics industry.
A piece of cloth torn? By itself, the place will be filled or the abandoned place will be fixed which is the contribution of smart textile. The fabric will continue to change its color automatically. You will go out in the morning after a change of clothes. When you meet your friend again in the afternoon, you will say when did you change your clothes? In fact, the fabric will change its color automatically.
A special garment that will be able to monitor the body’s heartbeat and blood circulation, which will be constantly updated on the mobile. One can automatically tweet about the condition of the body and the surroundings. Which is expected to bring about an unimaginable change.
Sweating is a very annoying thing in summer or during sports. How are you? If the cloth is sweaty, it will not get wet. Yes, we will see such garments as a contribution of smart textiles. There are also many more types of clothing to be seen in the world of the future that will make our lives easier, more comfortable, safer.
One of the challenges is to keep the quality standard for these garments. This is because it involves a variety of scientific matters that, if not properly controlled, can be a threat to the human body. Everything changes at once if the environment does not change. So with the era, we and our textile industry will also change. To take our life one step further and make it easier.
ABDUL HAI RABBI
FABRIC ENGINEERING DEPT.
PABNA TEXTILE ENGINEERING COLLEGE
- Best Embroidery pattern Embroidery designs full Slide (ppt)
- A Details information about Glass fiber, Types of glass fiber, Use of glass fiber
- Electronic Textiles Or E-Textiles Full Slide (ppt)
- A SWOT Based Study For The Improvement Of Textile Industry with Slide (ppt)
- Best Sewing Machine Needles, Needle size & types full Slide (ppt)
- Alternative Methods of Fabric Joining or Fabric Bonding
- Cotton Muslin Fabric get GI certification: A victory Against India 2021
- Sewing Faults With Causes and Remedies slide (ppt)
- Work aids extra sewing machine parts full Slide (ppt)
- stitch clothing definition objective types (Full PDF)
- Study On Different Types of seam stitches (slide)
- Asbestos Fiber : Asbestos Fiber Types, Asbestos Fiber Use & Full Overview
- Sewing Technology Full slide (ppt)
- Interlining fabric with details slide (pptx)
- Dobby Shedding & full dobby shedding mechanism ppt Slide
- Best Apparel manufacturing or Garments Manufacturing Flowchart 28 slide (ppt)
- Introduction to Apparel Quality Control & garments quality control 20 slide(ppt)