The scouring process is that the process by which all-natural and additive impurities like oil, wax, fat, hand dust, etc. are removed to supply hydrophilic and clean textile material. It is one of the vital processes of wet processing.
objectives of scouring process:
- To make the fabric highly hydrophilic.
- To remove impurities like oils, waxes, gum, husks as nearly as possible.
- To increase the absorbency of cloth or textile materials without physical and chemical damage.
- To produce a clean material by adding alkali.
- To make the fabric ready for the next process.
- To remove non-cellulosic substance in case of cotton.
- The changes occurring of cotton fibers during scouring
- Pectins and pectoses are converted into soluble salts of acid.
- Mineral matters are mostly dissolved.
- Additive dirt is removed.
- Residual sizing materials are weakened into soluble products.
- Best Embroidery pattern Embroidery designs full Slide (ppt)
- Electronic Textiles Or E-Textiles Full Slide (ppt)
- Best Sewing Machine Needles, Needle size & types full Slide (ppt)
- Alternative Methods of Fabric Joining or Fabric Bonding
- Sewing Faults With Causes and Remedies slide (ppt)
- Work aids extra sewing machine parts full Slide (ppt)
- stitch clothing definition objective types (Full PDF)
- Study On Different Types of seam stitches (slide)
- Sewing Technology Full slide (ppt)
- Interlining fabric with details slide (pptx)
- Dobby Shedding & full dobby shedding mechanism ppt Slide