What is nanofiber?
Fibers that are usually in nanometer diameter are called nanofibers. The diameter of it is usually 1000 nanometers. From different types of polymers, Nanofiber is prepared. The diameter of the nanofibers depends on the nature and preparation of the polymer.
Features of Nanofiber:
Nanofiber has some unique properties due to its surface-to-weight ratio Much more. This ratio is much higher than in normal non-ovens. Low density, compared to mass The surface is quite large, the size of the hair follicles is small and the tension is important for its Features. The size of the it is very small and it is also smaller than a human hair. So Microscopes are needed to see the nanofibers.
Nanofibers are manufactured in a variety of ways. Electrospinning, drawing, self-assembly, template Synthesis, etc. Among these, electrospinning is widely used.
In this method, nanofibers are prepared from polymer solution with the help of an electric charge. A high Power voltage supplier, a capillary tube with pipette/needle attached, and metal Collector screens are needed to prepare nanny yarn. An electrode in a polymer solution and The other electrode is connected to the collector. The capillary tube contains polymer solution and The lower end of this tube is given an electric field.
This generates a charge on the surface of the solution. Electric As the field intensifies, the surface on the tube gradually takes on the shape of a cone Taylor says no. As the electric charge increases, the static electric charge exceeds the surface tension And Fluid Taylor comes out of nowhere. This protruding polymer solution is unstable And grows very fast. As a result, it is very long and thin. These are collectors Is collected from the screen. However, the rotating drum can also be used as a collector screen.
The drawing method creates a long single strand of it at once. The process of pulling Solidification is done by converting the dissolved spinning material into a solid fiber By Dry spinning is a cooler for dissolved spinning and solvent evaporation is a cooler Steps are needed. One limitation, however, is that it is only a viscoelastic component
Extended time to maintain adequate cohesion to withstand the stresses created for long-term development
Can be distorted, this process can be used to convert them into this fiber Possible.
Fibrils (Solid Nanofiber) and Tubules (Blank) by Template Synthesis to form a nanoparticle membrane consisting of cylindrical holes of uniform diameter Templates are used. This method involves a variety of fibrils and, including metals, semiconductors Can be used to prepare tubules and electrically conductive polymers. Uniform holes
This allows the dimensions of the fibers to be controlled so that the nanofibers with very small diameters are this
Can be produced through the method. One drawback of this approach, however, is that it is continuous
Nano cannot make fiber.
Self-assembly technique to prepare peptide fibers and peptide amphiphiles Are used. The method is inspired by the natural folding process of amino acid residues Was formed for the formation of proteins with unique three-dimensional structures and as ionic energy and pH Is affected by external conditions. Self-assembly process of peptide fibers Hydrophobic interactions, electrostatic forces, Involved in driving forces such as hydrogen bonding and van der Wales forces and ionic Are affected by external conditions such as energy and pH.
Use of nanofibers
- Filtration: Since the surface of the fiber is large and the pores are very small, the filter
This is the right material to do. Filter the sub-micron elements from water or air
fiber is an ideal material to do.
- Medical field: Medicine supply, tissue engineering, cancer detection, etc. in complex cases.
fibers are able to play a very important role.
- Battery: Nanolithin is used to make lithium batteries which are actually carbon nanofiber.
- Textile: Rainwear, sports apparel, sports shoes, etc. Nanofiber is being used.
Nanofiber is being manufactured from existing nanofibers. Use of nanofibers in textiles
A field of new possibilities.
- Best Embroidery pattern Embroidery designs full Slide (ppt)
- Self Cleaning Fabric: Magic of Textile (Full Overview-2021)
- A Details information about Glass fiber, Types of glass fiber, Use of glass fiber
- Electronic Textiles Or E-Textiles Full Slide (ppt)
- A SWOT Based Study For The Improvement Of Textile Industry with Slide (ppt)
- Best Sewing Machine Needles, Needle size & types full Slide (ppt)
- Alternative Methods of Fabric Joining or Fabric Bonding
- Cotton Muslin Fabric get GI certification: A victory Against India 2021
- Sewing Faults With Causes and Remedies slide (ppt)
- Work aids extra sewing machine parts full Slide (ppt)
- stitch clothing definition objective types (Full PDF)
- Study On Different Types of seam stitches (slide)
- Asbestos Fiber : Asbestos Fiber Types, Asbestos Fiber Use & Full Overview
- Textile Automation: Its impact on automation and the textile industry