Almost all firms have a multicloud technique however are wrestling to manage prices, in response to Flexera’s 2021 State of Cloud Report. In the meantime, Microsoft Azure continues to shut the adoption hole with Amazon Internet Providers.
The report highlights a bevy of shifting elements with cloud deployments in addition to multi-year traits surrounding containers, safety, and optimization.
Flexera’s report confirms that multicloud deployments are more and more a two-cloud race between AWS and Microsoft Azure. Nevertheless, Google Cloud additionally has important workloads and is a key supplier.
Amongst all respondents, 50% of enterprises have important workloads on AWS with 41% working these important workloads on Azure. Google Cloud has a 22% share for important workloads.
Here is a take a look at the multicloud race:
However each cloud supplier is seeing workload progress amongst Flexera respondents. It is value noting Google Cloud’s progress accelerating from 2021 in addition to Oracle Cloud.
Ninety-two % of enterprises have a multi-cloud technique with 80% following a hybrid cloud method. Flexera additionally mentioned that 49% of enterprises silo workloads by cloud with 45% integrating information throughout clouds.
The AWS and Azure battle continues throughout enterprise sizes together with massive enterprises in addition to smaller companies. Amongst public clouds, platform-as-a-service utilization is accelerating. The highest 4 public cloud companies utilized by enterprises embody:
- Knowledge warehouse
- DBaaS (relational)
- DBaaS (NoSQL)
As cloud suppliers more and more are touchdown a number of workloads and use circumstances, it isn’t stunning that spending is surging. As an illustration, 16% of respondents spend greater than $12 million on AWS with 14% spending greater than that sum on Azure and eight% on Google Cloud.
General, Flexera tasks that cloud spending will develop 39% with firms struggling to keep up budgets.
Different Flexera findings embody:
- 53% of respondents are utilizing Docker adopted by 51% utilizing AWS ECS/EKS and Kubernetes at 48%. Azure Container Service, Google Kubernetes Engine, and Pink Hat OpenShift all have a minimum of 27% utilization.
- Terraform is the preferred configuration device with 36% utilization amongst respondents adopted by 31% utilizing Ansible and 29% utilizing Chef.
- 61% of enterprises plan to optimize cloud prices in 2021.
- 74% of enterprises have a central cloud staff.
- 81% of enterprises say cloud safety is a problem.