Today, garment manufacturers are facing harsh competition due to the global economic crisis, stricter regulations in international trade, and the stiff rise of the prices of raw materials and chemicals. Apparel manufacturers have to produce a diverse product mix as consumers are difficult to understand and predict.
so need proper apparel quality control. Consumer’s choice is shifting from traditional designs towards luxury high-fashion items.
Almost all consumers demand both moderate pricing and frequent style changes. Product quality is the supreme demand among the consumers. So apparel manufacturers have to concentrate on Apparel Quality control.
Apparel Quality control
Quality is the fulfillment of specified requirement of the product or service.
Definition by ISO
The totality of features & characteristics of a product/service that bear on it’s ability to satisfy the stated/ implied needs.
Who decides the quality level?
- In the majority of cases, the customer decides the acceptable levels of quality both from design and manufacturing aspects. The customer may be a professional buyer for a large wholesale or retail organization.
- The consumer of the number of the public who buys a garment from a retail shop also influences quality requirements In many cases this is a negative influence .i.e he does not buy all though.
- In the bigger organization where marking programmers are carried out the consumer can affect design quality.
What is garments quality control?
Quality control is the operational techniques and activities that are used to fulfill requirement for quality.
some examples of inherent product characteristic that will fulfill requirements are:
- To maximize the production of goods within the specified tolerances correctly the first time.
- To achieve a satisfactory design of the fabric or garment in relation to the level of choice in desig, styles, colours, suitability of components and fitness of product for the market.
To control the quality of apparel 2 techniques are followed:
There are three main steps of inspection in apparel industry. Those are:
- Raw material inspection.
- Process inspection.
- Final inspection.
Raw material inspection:
- Fabric inspection.
- 4 point fabric inspection.
- 10 point fabric inspection.
- Sewing thread inspection.
- Button inspection.
- Zipper inspection.
- Label inspection.
- Inter lining inspection.
- Lining inspection etc.
- Marker making inspection.
- Fabric spreading inspection.
- Fabric cutting inspection.
- Sewing inspection.
- Pressing inspection.
- Fittings inspection.
- Size inspection.
- Other defects inspection.
Sampling process for final inspection:
- 100% inspection.
- No inspection.
- Spot checking.
- Arbitrary sampling (10% of the total apparel)
- Acceptance sampling. (Single sampling plan, Double sampling plan, Multiple sampling plans)
AQL (Acceptable Quality Level)
The acceptable quality limit (AQL) is the worst tolerable process average (mean) in percentage or ratio that is still considered acceptable; that is, it is at an acceptable quality level. Closely related terms are the rejectable quality limit and rejectable quality level (RQL).
Apparel & Garment Testing: Assess the quality of your apparel’s materials and workmanship, using a number of quality control checks and tests, including. apparel manufacturing, apparel industry, textile industry, apparel inspection, textile slide, textile factory, garments inspection, garments industry, garment testing, quality control, apparel quality control, garments manufacturing.
- Best Embroidery pattern Embroidery designs full Slide (ppt)
- Electronic Textiles Or E-Textiles Full Slide (ppt)
- A SWOT Based Study For The Improvement Of Textile Industry with Slide (ppt)
- Best Sewing Machine Needles, Needle size & types full Slide (ppt)
- Alternative Methods of Fabric Joining or Fabric Bonding
- Sewing Faults With Causes and Remedies slide (ppt)
- Work aids extra sewing machine parts full Slide (ppt)
- stitch clothing definition objective types (Full PDF)
- Study On Different Types of seam stitches (slide)
- Sewing Technology Full slide (ppt)
- Interlining fabric with details slide (pptx)
- Dobby Shedding & full dobby shedding mechanism ppt Slide
- Best Apparel manufacturing or Garments Manufacturing Flowchart 28 slide (ppt)